By Cat Lee
- Wednesday, September 2, 2009 at 11:20am
Yesterday, we wrapped up a great event for our first fbFund REV social incubator. Congratulations to the fbFund REV companies! They showcased their progress and accomplishments to over 300 investors, press, and other members of our community.
- Thread.com (formerly Frintro) raised a $1.2M seed round of financing. The seed financing included participation from fbFund and was led by First Round Capital. Others included:
Thread.com uses Facebook Connect to create a site for social dating via friendly intros. You can learn more about Thread on the Facebook blog.
- Sequoia Capital (Roelof Botha, Partner)
- Founders Fund (Dave McClure, Investor)
- Ron Conway (Founding General Partner at SV Angel)
- David Sacks (CEO at Yammer and Geni)
- Auren Hoffman (CEO at Rapleaf)
- Pedro Miguel Martins (Sr. Dir. Corporate Strategy at SAP)
- Reid Hoffman (Chairman at LinkedIn)
- Joe Greenstein and Saran Chari (CEO and CTO at Flixster)
- Shervin Pishevar (CEO at Social Gaming Network)
- Nutshell Mail raised over $500k in funding. Nutshell Mail uses email to help you manage your social network activity.
- RentMineOnline raised over $300k in funding have been profitable for the past 4-5 months. They combine the success of resident referral programs with the power of your friends on Facebook.
- Sociable raised over $150k in funding. Breakeven by Q4/09, Sociable is building a comprehensive solution for online retailers to drive sales via the power of online friendships.
- WildFire Apps achieved profitability over the summer. Their product lets you create Facebook and social media and promotion campaigns for businesses. They have multiple brand-name customers (Pepsi, Redbull, Zappos to name a few).
- Zimride signed 25-30 academic and corporate customers across the country and formed an exclusive partnership with ZipCar. They are projecting break-even by Q4/09. Zimride helps classmates and coworkers share the ride.
- Two other companies, GroupCard and NetworkedBlogs, will achieve profitability or break-even by end of 2009.
Presentations from the event
Video from the Live UStream
Photos from the event
Backlight.org team just before their presentation
We had over 150 attendees in the main demo room
Waleed giving the pitch for NetworkedBlogs
Photos from the event were taken by Shirley Lin. More can be found here.
If you're interested in applying to the next round of fbFund, or would like to stay updated on the fbFund teams, become a fan the fbFund Page or visit our website and stay tuned for our next announcement.
A final special thanks goes out to the mentors and the core team that helped make fbFund REV social incubator a success!