This week, we launched a new Mobile Referrals dashboard to help you understand the traffic your app receives from Facebook mobile sources. Use this information to continue optimizing distribution via our mobile social channels.
To view the information, visit the main Insights dashboard or access Insights within your app settings. Click on Traffic and then Mobile. You must be an Admin, Developer, or Insights user of the app in order to view.
Access the information below in real-time:
Total mobile app clicks
This graph shows the total mobile app clicks across all sources.
This graph shows the breakdown of app referral sources.
- Feed: Referrals from Feed are triggered by publishing via Open Graph, Graph API, or using the Feed Dialog.
- Timeline: Referrals from Timeline are mobile app referral clicks that come directly from Timeline as a result of publishing content as noted above.
- Notification: Referrals from Notifications are triggered via sending Requests on Mobile Web, iOS, or Android.
- Bookmark: Indicates the number of clicks to your app via Bookmarks. Bookmarks are automatically displayed to the user within Facebook once they login to your app. This list of bookmarks is in sync across desktop and mobile so the apps you use most frequently are there when you want them.
- Search: Indicates the number of clicks to your app via direct Search.
- Unknown: Referrals may be marked as Unknown when your app receives traffic from or redirects users back to certain Facebook endpoints. If you see a high number of of Unknown referrals, make sure that your app never redirects users on mobile devices to apps.facebook.com.
This graph shows the breakdown of mobile referrals from various devices (iPhone, iPad, Android, m.facebook.com).
You can see a demographic breakdown of the mobile referral data by age, gender, language, and country.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback in the comments below.